And in a completely unrelated subject.....

Finally got to talk to Kymill and it was a nice long chat. I think it's one of the best chats we've had in a long while and we came to terms in many things. I am glad we had the opportunity to clear the air about many things. Not that things were bad between us, hardly. Just that I realized many things about her that I have to accept because that is her nature, and by accepting them, things become easier. Thanks for making me laugh.

I also spoke to Carmelo at length. We ran into a really bad situation by Thanksgiving and I had a nice little migraine to boot. We had a little argument, and we left that day in a bad mood. He called me earlier today but I couldn't answer because I was on my way to the station, but later let him a message and managed to reach him. He came to the station and we talked over an hour and also we mended our little spat. We talked about his plans for the year and they are very interesting and very cool. I've always believed that he should write humor and satire by the side. He's funny as hell, but anyway this year should also be the one for him as well.

Of course, I also talked to Lightshadow, and she's funny and witty as always. We aksi had a long, pleasant chat and this woman is growing on me on an exponential rate. Turns out she knows Kymill as well. Small world. She gave me some valuable advice which I intend to follow. Anyway, she liked Bloc Party and was kinda nonplussed about the Liars' song titles, but the Liars are an acquired taste, especially that last album of theirs. The songs should be on the other cd Ms. L. Promise.

The radio show was a blast. Dedicated a Bloc Party song to Jennie and Lightshadow. "She hears voices" is a nice post punk blast. Then Iohann did the US3 interview. And in the last hour we interview Rafael Bracero from Khaosmaster Productions and Wayne from Pit Fight Demolition. Wayne is a pal from the neighborhood. Nice kid. I didnt like his former band much, but Pit Fight Demolition is nothing but aggression. Brando, the bass player from Mindscrape is also there. I'm glad to see that their working together because Mindscrape was nothing short of amazing.


Pepe and Eze were right on. Pepe being the most dedicated of them all. He went throught the show as tired as he was and managed to do it and also gave me a Futureheads CD. Yay! Eze being the leader of us all did an excellent job. The coolest part of doing the show was talking to Rafael Bracero. This guy's been doing his thing in the island metal scene for years and I've seldom heard someone so professional, right on and proper in a while. He is dedicated to his genre and to what he does and it shows. Good luck with his compilation Domination Vol. 1. I believe this compilation marks a turning point in the local metal scene.

Anyway, I ranted enough for the day. I didn't get to go to Resurrection, but no matter. The evening was a success and I didn't need the potential for drama that could've happened tonight. Spare me.

All in all, a great afternoon and evening.

  • Stumble This
  • Fav This With Technorati
  • Add To Del.icio.us
  • Digg This
  • Add To Facebook
  • Add To Yahoo

0 observations: