So here we are. Whorelando, Floriduh. What a strange trip this day was. I didn't sleep at all so I was checking some emails when the crew that's remodeling my mother's bathroom broke a pipe. I almost had enough water for a shower and I ended up shaving at my grandma's. I glad I did get a chance to visit her. Ran some errands for her after shaving, gave her a big kiss and a big hug then I left for home. I switched some contents of my suitcases and brought them as part of my carry on luggage. Father screamed something at me and I just stayed quiet, focused. I was leaving home. No one was stopping me. The time came and Al came to pick me up. He offered to drive me to the airport. As soon as I began to say goodbye to dad, he started crying a bit. This is the second time I've seen my old man cry in my life. The first time we were mad at each other too. I left the house to stay with some friends at the time and when it was time to leave, he cried. That fucked me up bad, but my decision was made. I have to take control of my life. I called this friend of mine earlier at her job, she called we talked, promised to stay in touch. Good woman. Then Mom came, gave me some money but she was angry at me and my decision and started to throw things in my face, in a manner of speaking. I was about to tell her that that's one of the reasons I was getting the hell out, but held myself in check. I wasn't going to humor her stooping down to her level. Let he deal with that. Off to the airport.

Not many people were there, not surprisingly. Got my luggaged checked and searched, then the wait. All my electronics were on the carry on and I got stopped but to their credit, they were fast, polite and I answered their questions. The flight was bumpy and kinda long. I guess the two hour wait plus the three hour flight took their toll. I was lucky to have a row of seats to myself. I tried to sleep but couldn't. I was amazed that after all this years that I've travelled flying still keeps me on my toes. Insomnia, the wait and the flight were keeping me awake but in a daze. When the plane finally touched down I was relieved. Rafy picked me up, then we drove to his house to meet Nuria. Rafy's a former bandmate and a friend. Nuria's a friend I used to club with. I got them together, they married. I was the best man at their wedding. We got to the house and then we went to eat out. I chose Sonic to renew my Sonic fix. R & N chose Subway. We talked and ate queso manchego. Yummy. Haven't had that in a while. Then we talked about music, gossip, strategy and whatnot. On the way to the apartment I called home but as usual they don't have the time to even get a pen and paper to write down a number. *Sighs* All in all a very long day. Night.
  • Stumble This
  • Fav This With Technorati
  • Add To Del.icio.us
  • Digg This
  • Add To Facebook
  • Add To Yahoo

0 observations: