Ok this is it. Fate throws a wrench to gum up the works, but I'm going steady. A date for to take a test and then an interview. Tomorrow morning, things will be resolved. So either I stay for a little while longer or I leave. Some things tie me up to the island but at the end, I have to do this for me. No one else. So I think that I might take that plane after all.

What do you want me to say about today that hasn't been played to overkill by the major media outlets? Well actually I've got three things to say: 1. Was it worth pissing our hard earned rights away. 2. Have we succeded in all the military actions to get Bin Laden? 3. Does all the killing we've done in the name of this war against terror bring back any of the people we lost at the WTC, the Pentagon and over Pennsyvannia? 4. Has the US become a better nation because of this? 5. Has the US and it's people realized that this attack is a response to our goverment policies worldwide? I think you know the answer and I'll state it anyway: No.

It takes courage to defend and take a stand for your country, but it also takes courage to criticize it when your country fucks up. Of course it's easier for everyone to label people who criticize the current state of affairs. Even better to dismiss them or call them the enemy. It takes guts to be able to accept what's wrong with this country. Tell the truths people don't want to hear. 9/11 was a reality check. The damage we inflict as a result of our policies came home. We have to deal with it and we have to be able to realize that we're not the only ones here. Until we realize that, things are going to get ugly for all of us.

The US's chief weapons inspector in Iraq had the courage to tell the truth about all the hoopla about Saddam Hussein. Sorry Mr. Rumsfeld if you want to justify you and Dubya's warmongering, you'll have to look elsewhere. Yet in true Republican fashion we go to war in order to set a smokescreen to hide the real problems in this country. Business as usual.
  • Stumble This
  • Fav This With Technorati
  • Add To Del.icio.us
  • Digg This
  • Add To Facebook
  • Add To Yahoo

0 observations: