Saturdayyyyyyyyyyy

Woke up in an extremely cheerful mode. "I feel so extraordinary" . New Order indeed. Went to the station to download more plugins for my machine. Cool. Carlitos was on his way to pick me up to the gig. Vicious rain. Both of us made it to soundcheck. Bernice and Jorge were on their way and the soundman was a fucking idiot even though there was no one at the venue. Bernice and Jorge arrived, we did an improptu soundcheck and played 4 songs. It was cool and funny as hell.

Then it was off to eat some chicken pinchos (shish kebabs for all of you out there) and talk with the band. Then back to the venue to go to Barfly. I did a DJ set and the guys wanted to play so.......they played a set by themselves while I took a little break and then we all got together to play after a set. It was fun but I was saddened by internal shit that I have to resolve. Things have the potential for the better and I see the wave coming. I gotta ride it and ride it well. Can't afford to crash this time. I kinda went off to my mates for a while but I quickly apologized and told them it was not my fault. I was going through some akward thought process and I needed to sort it out. It took some sleep and time with my friends Alberto, Robert and Alex the next day (today).

Just being with four guys who I've been forever with, playing an RPG and laughing our asses off at our wisecracks took that bad feeling off. Catch that wave and ride it. Go with the flow. I'll suceed and ride to the sunset when the credits roll.

S called me and I'm glad she liked the mixed cd I gave her. I have to burn her a CD of Antartica stuff again. Snafu? Don't know. What I do know is that I gotta burn her some more stuff probably Chuck E. Weiss, more Dog Faced Hermans. Shoot I should get that live album and burn her a copy. It's that good. On that note, got Antipop Consortium's Arrhythmia CD from Hip Hop Vox's Tek 9. Damn! those New Yorkers are good. Gotta burn him Techno Animal so he can get some of that.

On a technical note: The Rioport CD player is the shiznit. Nice piece of technology to play with. Thanks Miguel for lending it to me for the DJ set. Carlitos is off this week for a well deserved vacation. Playing with Golpe Justo this Tuesday and Sunday. Gotta burn a mix for Wilfredo's performance on Sunday. Keeping myself busy. Good.

Cut. :D
  • Stumble This
  • Fav This With Technorati
  • Add To Del.icio.us
  • Digg This
  • Add To Facebook
  • Add To Yahoo

0 observations: