christian bale is a scary brotha and a sadly underrated sci-fi flick

........yes, he was creepy and annoying as Patrick Bateman in "American Psycho", a very efficient killing machine in "Equilibrium", and very intense and effective in "Batman Returns" among other flicks, but Bale's role as Trevor Reznik in "The Machinist" is very FUCKING CREEPY. If you thought Robert De Niro's protrayal of Jake La Motta in "Raging Bull" was brutal not only because De Niro has some killer acting chops AND all that weight change was his, not due to make up or special effects, get ready for Bale in this film. Like we say back home "el hombre esta pasao". He went over and beyond the call of duty. Thin, skeletal, I don't know how this guy managed to pull it off. And so fucking scary. The movie's one big lovely suspense fest. The whole film was a treat and the cast was superb. You gotta rent this little gem. The Machinist. Go get it. Now.

Final Cut went unnoticed in the theatres. At least I didn't even saw it shown here, and it's a shame. It's a really cool flick sci-fi flick with a cool premise. I kinda like Robin Williams when he's not doing comedy. Insomnia, One Hour Photo and this flick could be my favorite Robin Williams non-acting, non-tear jerker trilogy. I bet if, say, Michael Bay directed it and had a billion explosions, car chases and if Mira Sorvino had shown some skin then it would have been one of those horrible summer blockbuster movies. *rolleyes* It would've been interesting to see if, say, Cronenberg or Richard Linklater got their hands on it.

Got the Post Office exam notification today. Next Thursday it is. Gotta study some more. Gotta ace that test so I can get a proper job.

Today I gotta go to Cafe Berlin in Old San Juan to see a friend's documentary about Puerto Rico's punk scene. Supposedly I'm on it. So, I'll see what the fuzz is all about.

Missing Lightshadow terribly. She's my happy thought. Anyway, it's almost 4 am. What the fuck am I doing awake, eh?
  • Stumble This
  • Fav This With Technorati
  • Add To Del.icio.us
  • Digg This
  • Add To Facebook
  • Add To Yahoo

0 observations: