birthday, caverns, movies, strikes, and distros

This past weekend was Kymill's birthday and Alex, Stiv and moi got together to celebrate it with her last Friday at a TGIFriday's near my house. Yes, K and her three ex boyfriends having a birthday dinner. Heh. That was fun. Then we headed out to Mayaguez that evening. Long drive but funny as hell because I left my cellphone at home *and* we were making fun of whatever was on the radio so we could be awake.

Saturday LS, Kymill, Stiv, Sara and her family went to visit Las Cavernas de Camuy National Park. Fucking impressive mate! You have to see them in person to fully appreciate the impact. I was kinda sick because I ate something and the tour lasts for about an hour with no bathroom in sight, but aside from that I handled it well. LS took some pictures and I hope she can send them so I can post them and you can just drool. We split afterwards for Chili's for more birthday celebrations for Kymill.

We sort of wanted to watch Sin City again because we wanted to hook Stiv and K. to it, but we were all tired. We settled watching "Vampiros En La Habana" for LS's benefit and started watching "Memento" but LS had to go home and I had to pass out in the bed.

Sunday was ok. Everyone was on a resting mood so LS and I had some quality time. Watched "Fever Pitch" with her and laughed a lot. This might be the Farrelly's most viewer friendly flick yet (probably closer to Outside Providence). Then I took the bus back home.

No cellphone meant not being able to call up someone to pick me up at the bus station so I used my wits and got hold of a cab ride home. Uploaded the files needed for my job's webpage and after watching Deadwood and The Shield went to sleep.

This morning I got the rudest service ever from the state's Revenue Department or Hacienda as we call it. Fucking bastards want you to do your income taxes on time and I sure do, so I expect to get my refund on time as well. That and the money Adelphia owes me should be coming anytime.

The little fuckers at the university are marching to the President's office today so the entrance I normally take was closed but I got the guys at my job to pick me up and I was able to get here. Hopefully all this bullshit will be done and over with on Wendesday.

1 more week to wait for my DSL installation kit.

Oh yeah, new versions of Kanotix, Kubuntu and Knoppix are available so download them you freaks!

LS and I are having our busiest days today so bear with us. O algo.

Oh in the karma department, it seems Comcast is going to buy Adelphia. Adelphia's been bankrupt for a long while and the end seems to be coming.
  • Stumble This
  • Fav This With Technorati
  • Add To Del.icio.us
  • Digg This
  • Add To Facebook
  • Add To Yahoo

0 observations: