And now for something completely different

I´ve been running Kanotix Linux on my computer instead of Knoppix for a while and I love it. It recognizes my battery so there´s no overheating problem. The graphics are sharper. Sharper than Windows, I am afraid. Linux looks much better in my laptop and the other machine I installed. Also the cool thing about it is that it handles the recognition of USB devices better than Knoppix, so that's always a plus. In the beginning and depending on the machine is tricky to run and/or install, but it´s nothing major to worry about and you can figure it out by yourself. Anyway, everything looks sharper and brighter here than in Windows. Gotta love that. In the laptop I run KDE, Gnome and Fluxbox and on the desktop I run only KDE and Gnome since I cant seem to find a widget that can sort out my resolution problem there.

By the way, we not only have BioKnoppix but also we have Vidalinux as a Puerto Rican distribution. Vidalinux is based on Gentoo, and it seems they have a good thing going with it.

Anyway, it´s 5 am and I better get some sleep.

Have a great week!
  • Stumble This
  • Fav This With Technorati
  • Add To Del.icio.us
  • Digg This
  • Add To Facebook
  • Add To Yahoo

0 observations: