It feels like ages since I've written something here and it's not like I've run out of things to say, but rather I've been too good procastrinating on this. You know, take time to do this instead of wandering off to some weird mental zone, sleeping, going out, yadda yadda yadda.

Vero and las nenas are a very fucking funny bunch. Dirty old men like yours truly do learn a lot from punk rawk girls who are smart, funny, witty, cook a mean pasta, have a band and sometimes get into pupup girly mode. I enjoy their company very much.

I've got a new laptop! I've got a cheap new laptop! Did I say I've got a brand spanking cheap new laptop? I sure did! I am putting it through the paces, installed Linux on it (Knoppix rules! Hurray!), its got USB2 and a wireless 801g card in it so it works on my network and my peripherals without a hitch.

Speaking of Linux, tested Xandros Open Circulation Edition and for me it's a waste of time. PCLinuxOS fared much better and it's way freaking cooler, but lacks in the USB department. I'd rather stay with Knoppix. Recognizes my hardware and customizing it to my liking, doesn't take much time, provided youve got a broadband connection. Window managers of choice are definetely KDE and Fluxbox. Gnome is ok, but the interface is way too simple for me and despite having cool things like Evolution, Rhythmbox and Nautilus spatial navigation thingamajig, KDE has the look and the cool apps that make stick with it.

Drinking with the Frecuencias Alternas and the SIn Rumbo posse after the show and then early morning dining at Levi's rule. It takes its toll on thee pocket but it's worth it. Cheers fuckers!

Ministry's "Houses Of The Mole" rules so much it's not even funny. This one is the proper sequel to "Psalm 69". The assault is so fucking relentless and intense that would put many of those sissy so-called metal bands to fucking shame. This album and the latest batch from Killing Joke and Skinny Puppy are essential. Buy these now!

Arab Strap rule. Yeah I hear a lot of agreeing noises now that the hip and young things are discovering them, but regardless, they're brilliant and they should not be played when your mind is wandering closely to the morbid introspective part of your life. Nevertheless, brilliant.

Interpol's latest is entertaining, but would somebody tell them to stop ripping off Joy Division and the Chameleons? That is not a bad thing, but all these kids trying to live the 80's are not fun. The 80's had very interesting moments, given that I actually lived through them, but these kids today don't get it.

I've only heard the latest single of The Cure even though somebody got me their latest album. The song's interesting in an indie rawk kinda way, but I've got to listen to it a bit more. At least my greatest fear hasn't been played yet (they're produced by Ross Robinson so I was afraid they would sound kinda like numetal, you know?).

Finally got to hear Porcupine Tree courtesy of Pepe. Heard a few tunes and yes, they remind me a bit of Yes but their sound is much up to date. They have parts that actually rawk. Lyrics are funny and very good. I can see why Pepe and others like them. Got to listen some more to have a good opinion of them.

I want to make music. I want to find the time. I want to find the will I will find them.

Job-wise, I'm still on my baby steps, but willing to learn, willing to work. I like my job and I'd like to keep it. Few places make me feel as comfortable as the station. I discovered that what I like doing is production work. I like doing interviews and writing, but only what I really care about. Nevertheless, doing production work keeps me busy, focused and makes me feel wanted and part of the team

Yeah, I'm sleepless, restless and in need of a good shag, but I'm not that desperate in the last part. People are still crawling out of the woodwork and sometimes it's not even funny. Another ex from the past comes forward, talks to me, finds me attractive, maybe shaggable, but I'm not interested, thank you. I find out that a former acquaintance will be driving a tank in Afghanistan real soon, courtesy of Uncle Sam. We didn't part in the friendliest of terms since he ripped off quite a bunch of people, but I hope he's careful out there. Someone who I haven't seen or heard in ages left a message through his wife in my answering machine. That was........erm........interesting. I should call back, but my phone is dead, so I'll holler back when I get around to it.

Me Dad was kinda sick yesterday. He's 82 and he rawks. I wished my Mom would take better care of him, but then again, that's my bloody family. Love them to bits, but currently can't fucking stand living under the same room as them. I should get my own digs, but somehow he's the glue that keeps me there for now.

Got a really nasty blister last weekend the size of a quarter in my leg. I have to get back into my meds now that I've got a job. Gotta take care of myself a bit better.

Enough of me, let's check out what everyone else is blogging. Out.


  • Stumble This
  • Fav This With Technorati
  • Add To Del.icio.us
  • Digg This
  • Add To Facebook
  • Add To Yahoo

0 observations: