Here's some pictures of last night's outing. Hard Rock again. I drank but not enough to get me drunk so that's good.

First picture features long time friends, accomplices and fellow scenesters (L-R) Leilani, Mariana and Rebecca.



And another ugly mug of mine in one of the hallways. Cheers!



So last night we hit hard rock to watch two local bands. It's the Nth time we get together to watch Polbo but we don't care. Gea, Manuel and I started with dinner and drinks (like i said no more heavy drinking for me so i stuck to something lite). Then Felix and Ivonne joined us. Eventually the opening band started and they got downstairs to watch it closely. Dave arrived with some other friends. I kept watching them on the second floor until I noticed the three girls pictured above. They said they were coming to check out Polbo and they are worth their time so we talk, take pictures.

Polbo goes onstage. Love those off-kilter harmonies, wicked lyrics and hooks galore. At the end of the show they play the Pixies' "Where Is My Mind?" and dedicated it to me. Heh. I was floored. Nice way to start the festivities. They finish, we go on our separate ways. Dave has his own thing to take care of, so I'm talking and catching up with Leilani, Rebecca and Mariana.

My other ladyfriends are about to leave and ask me if I could walk them to their cars. Fine. So off we go. I end up with her. Yes, cool girl. Kindred spirit. Friends only. It's cool. We go run a little errand and she asks me if I want to crash at her house. I said yeah, why not? We're friends it's nothing sexual or romantic about it and we enjoy each others company. On the way home, her stereo blasts New Order's "Temptaion" (which I quoted earlier this month). Fucking epiphany. God has a sense of humour about us.

So we drive back home, humming to the melody, we arrive, take care of her pets and head to bed. Then we watch Harold and Maude. If you haven't watched it, do it now. Really cool and funny flick. We comment a bit about it, get tired so it's lights out.

THen we engage in one long conversation about ourselves, how our lives are going. Honest, mature, funny at times. We open up to each other with this kind of honesty true friends do. We're in the dark, and then she asks me "where are you?" "Right on your side" - I reply. "Why?" I hear her smile. We're inches apart from each other. "Do you want me to kiss you?" - I dare to ask. She said "Yes." So we kiss tenderly. I couldn't believe what was happening. We held each other so close I asked her if she was sure about this. She said yeah. So we talk and hold each other and I ask her if our previous arrangement was in force now. She said "yeah". We talked and slept. Eventually I had to get up to feed the cat but I was happy. I know these things won't last, but being able to have that kind of closeness, honesty and intensity made my evening, my week. A small triumph, but a triumph nonetheless.

I have to learn to walk carefully and learn from my mistakes. I want to keep this level between us.

Afterwards I went to the office and had dinner with Dave. Good conversation about relationships and local politics.

Ok I should get ready for ze event. So later.

For as long as it lasts, I'm walking on air.

Ciao
  • Stumble This
  • Fav This With Technorati
  • Add To Del.icio.us
  • Digg This
  • Add To Facebook
  • Add To Yahoo

0 observations: