Fear and Loathing in FloriDUH!

Well I needed to get the fuck away from here. Needed some fresh air and I got an invitation to meet someone and spend the weekend in Tampa. So I took the Greyhound bus on Sat. evening hoping to get there, go to the Castle, dance my ass off and have a good time. On the terminal you see how things change after 9/11/01 and after some crazy Croat tried to slash a Greyhound bus driver's throat in Knoxville a few days after. There is an armed security guard at the terminal and he scans you and checks your luggage before going to the waiting area. Well the fucking bus driver took his time leaving the terminal so I was 20 mins. late, but I called my host and it was cool. On the way there, we make a stop in Lakeland. Cops come over with a fucking drug sniffing dog. So I guess I'm thankful I don't do drugs and don't bring any with me. My stomach was upset from the ride and I was a bit late. That was just the beginning.

I arrived and sure enough my gracious host was there. Cool. Hug. Get the stuff in the car. Go. Then the fun started. We figured out a way to get off the city. Meanwhile she goes into a bit of hysterics. We couldn't go to Ybor City to the Castle because it was Guavaween and prices went through the roof just for parking a bloody car. Still we saw the spectacle on the streets. My host was a sea of facial ticks and hysterics when we didn't made it to the road. I was thinking of ways and means to bail out, go to the station and take a bus home but I decided against it. Why? In a sick way this was entertainment. Something to tell. Not a dull moment.

Anyway after dinner we headed to her place. She has an amazing record collection. 80s stuff, synthpop, goth, industrial, etc. She leads a simple life and that's the way she wants it. No complications, no college. I respect that but no college? Oh well, to each his/her own. We listened to a lot of music and she burned off 3 cds worth of material from mine. We got drunk on rum. It was cool. Went to bed around 3 am.

Next day, we wake up. More cd burning. More music. Breakfast. Then we start talking. It's alright. At 4 pm we head for a meal and she drives me to the terminal. We watch the clock. It's 5pm when we reach the city. My bus leaves at 5. She becomes hysteric. I say
chill. if it's the same bus driver we are in luck. In a way we are in two ways: First the clocks turn back 1 hour today. So it's actually 4. There is a bus there to Orlando. The thing was that this Mexican passenger went into hysterics. Bus driver tries to reason with him. Passenger still upset. Bus driver pulls on the road and calls the cops. Cops come over to remove hysteric dude. Then the dumbass pulls a knife on them. Very bad idea. Florida state cops carry guns. Big fucking guns. And are not afraid to waste them on a dumbass who pulls a knife on them. Luckily no shots were fired. Guy was arrested and ergo, I get to leave Tampa/St. Pete an hour earlier. Woo hoo.

I come home. Tired. Working out the kinks and nervousness and getting ready to deal with my daily drudgery. I work on the Orlando Museum now, btw. It's nice. I have to deal with assholes but fortunately these assholes I can deal with.

My date thing has reinforced an opinion. As much as I love to be with someone, I still have to be picky and have my filters on. Yes I miss my ex and now she's gone. I'm not looking for a replacement or for a clone, but someone who made me feel as special as she did. That is all.

Ok back to the daily drudgery you fucks.

  • Stumble This
  • Fav This With Technorati
  • Add To Del.icio.us
  • Digg This
  • Add To Facebook
  • Add To Yahoo

0 observations: