Just drive
In silence
We hear the raindrops falling
The tape on the stereo
sings about a heartbreak beat
We sometimes talk
and watch each other
then your sense of humor comes up
black and macabre
I can't help but laugh
We talk and listen
and drive
Someplace out of here
Where it's just us and the road
I watch you drive and you smile
Your beauty
Your sense of humor
Your wit
We switch gears and languages
as far away from the cityscape
Slowly we thaw ourselves
out of the silence
and talk about things we like
things we hate
and everything in between
We stop for gas
and only then we're back to reality
Once we got it, we ride again
and drive
I worry but I'm at ease
when you're around
This heaviness and numbness
fades away
My heart soars
Life acquires meaning
When we get in the car
and just drive



  • Stumble This
  • Fav This With Technorati
  • Add To Del.icio.us
  • Digg This
  • Add To Facebook
  • Add To Yahoo

0 observations: