Live8, the heat and other related crap

Just about as we were gonna test the servers for the station this morning, they were not available so I had to get up and go to the station. Normally that was not a problem, but when I couldn't sleep the night before because the fuckers who run the church in front of my house decided to have two trucks and some fuckers dumping cement in their parking lot until 2 am, that was a problem.

Yes, we did call the police. Apparently when bodies are not involved, they don't bother to come. I should've killed some of those fuckers then.

Anyhoo, made my way to the station in this fucking heat and it was no fun at all. Managed to check the servers and get the stream going.

Watched Live8 and yeah it was cool in so many levels, but somehow I was detached from it. Our station was rebroadcasting it and Iohann was making some commentary, but you don't open your mouth while the bands are playing. Who the fuck you think you are? That exasperated me to no end.

Aside from that, it was nice to hear the artists do their thing. The Pink Floyd reunion was great. Even if it was for four songs, that was worth it.

And what did Puerto Rico do to show for it? A stupid little show at the Borders near my place. That was all. How fucking pathetic. Pero puej, esto es Puerto Rico.

Wished Robbie Williams played 'We Will Rock You' with Queen. A proper fitting tribute to Freddie Mercury. Oh well. Anyhoo, you can kill me and shoot me but I do happen two like two Robbie Williams songs. The cover he did with Nicole Kidman of 'Something Stupid' and this one....

Robbie Williams - Feel Lyrics

Come and hold my hand
I wanna contact the living
Not sure I understand
This role I've been given

I sit and talk to God
And he just laughs at my plans
My head speaks a language
I don't understand

I just want to feel real love
Feel the home that I live in
'Cause I got too much life
Running through my veins
Going to waste

I don't want to die
But I ain't keen on living either
Before I fall in love
I'm preparing to leave her
I scare myself to death
That's why I keep on running
Before I've arrived
I can see myself coming

I just want to feel real love
Feel the home that I live in
'Cause I got too much life
Running through my veins
Going to waste
And I need to feel real love
And a life ever after
I cannot give it up

I just want to feel real love
Feel the home that I live in
I got too much love
Running through my veins
To go to waste

I just wanna feel real love
In a life ever after
There's a hole in my soul
You can see it in my face
It's a real big place

Come and hold my hand
I want to contact the living
Not sure I understand
This role I've been given
Not sure I understand
Not sure I understand
Not sure I understand
Not sure I understand

Music-wise, this is what I've been cranking on the Nomad these days:

Black Sabbath - Black Box - The Original Black Sabbath Years
The Damned - Damned Damned Damned
Sinead O'Connor - Collaborations
Mano Negra - the whole discography. This band rocked the planet
Primus - the whole discography. I do like Les Claypool's quirky musical world.

Wishing you a fucking hot and long Fourth of July. T minus two days to see my lovely girlfriend.

Out, bitches!
  • Stumble This
  • Fav This With Technorati
  • Add To Del.icio.us
  • Digg This
  • Add To Facebook
  • Add To Yahoo

0 observations: