Conjuntivitis, Cheo,Superaquello, Burning Face, LS, Constantine and Uncle Duke

I got conjuntivitis on Wendesday night. By Thursday I'm on meds so I didn't go to my job so I guess this was an extra long weekend. Too bad I spent it at home up until Friday.

Saturday I felt a lot better so Cheo called and we picked up his brand spanking new Gateway PC. That machine got some mighty specs and after we put it together I got his wireless network up and running at his home for his machines and his auntie's laptop.
For that Cheo bought me lunch, dinner and got me two cd's. Berlin and Dan the Automator.

Also we finally broadcasted the Superaquello interview. 4 hours and Eze's edition was flawless. Pristine. Great work Eze! Thanks to everyone who contributed to the special. You made it worthwhile.

No I didn't go to Burning Face. The smoke and all that stuff might have made me worse. Sorry.

Sunday comes and my lovely girlfriend comes over to spend Sunday afternoon together. We had lunch and watched Constantine and liked it despite the flaws. Yes, we both are Hellblazer fans so bear with us as we kind of gritted our teeth when blonde brit John Constantine was transformed into something else by Keanu Reeves. Yes, we grinned and bear it and actually the film was rather good. Nevermind the effects, the story and the rest of the characters were great. Tilda Swinton as Gabriel, Gavin Rossdale (yeah, the Bush, as in the band, dude!) as Balthazar, Djimon Honsou as Papa Midnite and lo and behold Peter Stormare as Lucifer. FUCK! Peter Stormare's acting is superb. Tilda Swinton is so gorgeously androgynous that is fucking cool. Rachel Weisz is dear and near. So yeah, go see it. It's not as terrible as some people think. Really.

LS and I had our quality time and she was on hippychick mode which is cool. She makes me feel so comfortable and happy and this is the woman I want to be with for the long run. She's so lovely, loving and beautiful. I look forward to our time together and to see that our little plan comes to fruition. Bwahahahahhah! My brother's coming on the 26th and I got a seminary on the 5th of March so our time together will be shorter than expected but once we clear that we got all the time in the world. I just want to eventually be able to see and be with her in a more regular basis. Patience, grasshopper.

After a wonderful time together and some needed rest, I get up and read the bad news. Hunter S. Thompson killed himself. I mean, another of my heroes winds up dead. Fucking shame. He was very inspirational to me in his writings, his point of view and yeah, his personality. One big bad ass rascal and he decided to go out in his own way. Like Abbie Hoffman. I can only empathize and send my condolences to his friends and family. Another one of my heroes gone. Dead, like the American Dream. *Sighs* I'll have a drink for you and also for Bon Scott of AC/DC who drank himself to death sometime ago. Cheers, motherfuckers!
  • Stumble This
  • Fav This With Technorati
  • Add To Del.icio.us
  • Digg This
  • Add To Facebook
  • Add To Yahoo

0 observations: