Resolutions and Geekiness

Ok. Happy New Year Rest of The World. We still got 8 hours to go. Aside from that I with you all a very happy new 2005. Without further ado, here are my resolutions.

1. Get Ezequiel to say NO. He has the annoying habit of saying yes to everything, but ultimately when you do that, you´re bound to miss a few appointments and you´re bound to make more than a few dissappointments (ok, i am being diplomatic, let´s switch to my own bad ass self, this is my blog after all) erm, you´re bound to piss off more than a few people. I´m not upset about last night, really. Last night someone else got me fucking pissed, but that´s another story and I am man enough to admit that I had that one coming, but I guess last night was the cue to start this little resolution.

2. Move out of the house. Yes, I should do this. Given my current situation, this one will take time and planning. Probably by the end of the year if things work out. I have my financial calendar quite full for the next five months, but by summer the plan should start. I hopefully will spend the holidays next year in my new swanky abode.

3. Take care of my health. Well, unfortunately with all the shit that´s been happening, I haven´t got the time nor the finances to see a doctor. That should change if I get this new job I´m applying for.

4. Make more music. That should speak by itself.

5. This one´s optional, really. A nice little desktop PC or Apple would be nice, but I´d rather keep it simple. Especially if I want a place of my own.

There are actually things to be grateful for this year. Friends have shown their support and I am forever grateful. I´ve got a job and they renewed my contract, so that´s good. I am looking for new areas to be useful so once the holiday is over, I can talk to my boss and see what we can come up with.

Well, today I am such a freaking geek. Got the DVD kit for the X-box, Bought some blank CD-R? cheap and got a Network Storage Link so I can hook up the USB drives to the network without making a mess and switching among computers. Little did I know that I had to reformat the drive to make it work, but it´s no trouble since there is not a whole lot of data on it. So I transferred to the laptop, formatted the USB drive and voila. Transferring the material back. Cool thing though. Linux sees the shares without a hitch. Hurray!

All of this wonderful gear courtesy of exchanging it from ze old laptop´s hard drive. Ze old laptop is no more. Heats up too freaking quickly. Even in Windows. It? sad. I aldo Had to get rid of the old desktop Jimmy gave me. Anyway, this clears some room and allows me to go for the possibility of taking care of resolution number five.

Please be safe tonight and do not overindulge. To the people back home, keep away from any stray ammo.

And last but not least HAPPY FUCKING NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lots of love,

Me



  • Stumble This
  • Fav This With Technorati
  • Add To Del.icio.us
  • Digg This
  • Add To Facebook
  • Add To Yahoo

2 observations:

Pepe dijo...

Felicidades!

Un abrazote, cuidate mucho.

Gracias por todo!

Gelika dijo...

Actually, it's Vero. Pero no importa. Las dos te deseamos feliz año nuevo y que todas tus resoluciones y deseos se cumplan! =)