Let's drink to...

A toast

(a vero)

Here we are again
chatting the night away
Making up for lost time
I wish I was there with you
with a bottle of wine or two
and make a toast
to that boring boy of yours
and to that flaky girl of mine
to the fact that despite all of that
we're still here
bound by friendship
and to the fact that
you stuck through thick and thin
and though I am hardly perfect
I'm glad you consider me a friend

################

Unrequited
(another letter never sent)

Part of me wishes
to reach out and call you
but I think I know better

Cause what I felt for you
was more than just friendship
I rolled the dice, took my chances

You didn't stick to see it through
and it hurts like a motherfucker
You didn't care to make the time
and it hurts like a motherfucker
You didn't want to settle this
and it hurts like a motherfucker
I gladly take my share
still it hurts like a motherfucker

and I can't
take this fall
and I won't
make the call
cause the aftermath's a mess
and I know I can't be friends
cause there something still inside
that won't be returned in kind

I'd rather walk away
than stay unrequited
I'd rather keep my distance
than stick around for nothing
what i felt was selfless
but never stupid
What i felt was blind
but never dumb

Another call I never made
Another letter I never sent
Disconnected dead letter office
Thank you. Good night.






  • Stumble This
  • Fav This With Technorati
  • Add To Del.icio.us
  • Digg This
  • Add To Facebook
  • Add To Yahoo

0 observations: