Very very long day yesterday. Morning picked the songs for the evening's set at Don Pablo. Check out my other blog for the set list. Then headed off the unemployment office for an appointment and checked out job opportunities. Dismal but a few leads. Then got home to finally record and master my set on a nice little shiny CD so I wouldn't carry ze laptop. I had plenty of time to do it given that it was almost 3 in the afternoon and then I could watch Kill Bill 2 with Vero and then hit Don Pablo for the dj gig, right?

But of course there's always Murphy poking around and causing chaos and general mayhem. After several attempts to get the mix right (partly my fault and partly ze laptop's snafus), I gave up on the idea, and transferred the songs and the tools needed to mix it down properly to a friend's desktop computer that seems to have taken permanent residence here. I told my friend again and again to come pick it up, but he has a brand new snazzy top of the line box at his house, so he basically wants me to keep this one for the time being. Songs and programs transferred it's almost time for our showing of Kill Bill when Vero arrives.

I take a quick shower and let the whole thing running and ask my sis to stop the recording while Vero and me watch Kill Bill Vol. 2. Ok, it was kind of a dissappointment for me because we were all used to the pace of the first. But Vol. 1 has better pace and a better soundtrack, but it was really fun to watch with Vero.

I arrived home to see if I could somehow get the wave file and burn it but my sis stopped the recording a little afterwards and I had 1.5 gigs of data to edit, cut and burn into a CD. No way. Got ze laptop (thank 'bob' i left the original data there) and drove to Don Pablo. Vero left early because she has school today so I did my set and partied with the guys until almost 5 am. Lots of fun. It was a real pleasure to enjoy the guys company playing the music we fucking love. Anyway, Vero gets a copy of the mix because she rawks. I came home kinda sleepless so I just edited the huge file and burned a test cd and it rawks. So there. All in all, a very long day and I haven't gone to bed yet.

Oh and some people want to let go of grudges but somehow still manage to keep at them without letting go. This person should find better uses for her time, but hey, it figures. Fucking pathetic. Then they ask themselves how I got the fuck outta that one.

LOL

Have a great weekend you tossers!
  • Stumble This
  • Fav This With Technorati
  • Add To Del.icio.us
  • Digg This
  • Add To Facebook
  • Add To Yahoo

0 observations: