Morning. (cough cough. I'm not a morning person but it pays the bills ok?)
Watched the Metallica special on eMpTyV. I'm not much of a fan. Yes, I like my music very fast and loud, but I liked Anthrax and S.O.D. better. They were funnier. Robert Trujillo (Suicidal Tendencies, Infectious Grooves, Ozzy) definetely does the job as the new bass player, and I don't like what they did to Jason Newsted, but hey, that's between them and their lawyers. The festival of ass kissers was pretty disgusting and further proof that if Metallica influenced those losers, then you wonder why the music business sucks these days. I think Sean Penn's assesment of them was honest, and I applaud him for his sincerity. I think what was more disgusting was that the band that had song like "Disposable Heroes", "Master Of Puppets" and "One" (especially One since it's video has a very strong antiwar message), had the Marines come over and people chanting "USA! USA!". Yes, Jello Biafra was right when he said that heavy metal *is* the most conservative genre of loud music. End of Rant.
Now my friend, fellow music junkie and film freak D is undergoing some really fucked up situations at his workplace. I'm training on this one and it's kinda fucked up too, but I need a job to properly pay some bills. The agency wasn't giving me enough hours and I need a steady source of income, so I'm taking this job and I am happy and grateful since I have the potential to make some extra money. The way to do it though, kind of gives me the heebies. Kind of reminds me of the Snog lyric "the rapist inside every businessman". Strong words, I know, but bear with me.
The way they set this up is that this personnel company hires you to work for this big telecom company (no names, especially since I don't do adverts for free). They give you your salary and a very decent health insurance along with other stuff to keep you content. Now when you're on the floor they give you incentive if you get your customer to sign up to some features. Mind you they are free for an initial trial period, and the customer can bail out anytime before the trial period. I get a comission when the customer agrees to the trial period even if they back out. In a way, yeah it's extra cash and you can even give the customer that feature as a way to calm them if they are irate. Still that Snog lyric kind of does me.
Congratulations to V. She's getting some well deserved recognition. Way to go darling! I'm thinking of you lots of late. Wishing I was there to celebrate with you. Soon. Sooner than you think.
Also got some ideas that I want to blog. More on that later.

  • Stumble This
  • Fav This With Technorati
  • Add To Del.icio.us
  • Digg This
  • Add To Facebook
  • Add To Yahoo

0 observations: