Let me tell you how shitty my day's been:

Get up this morning to get some stuff done. The fridge's door won't stay closed. Check that everything is where it should be. The damn thing won't close. Third try now the thing's closed.

I go to the computer to get my emails, surf, grab some ideas for articles and whatnot. Mother's coming again with a last minute plea for me to stay. After a long argument I have to scream at her. "NO. I DONT WANT TO BE HERE. YOU HAD ALL THIS TIME TO DO IT, AND IM SICK OF THIS. I'M OUT. I DON'T WANT ANYTHING FROM YOU. I JUST WANT TO LEAVE AND GET THE HELL OUTTA HERE."

Harsh words, I know but if you spent (or rather wasted) the last 10 months of your life in a place you hated, with all the promises they told you unfulfilled, in a place that you're uncomfortable, you might begin to grasp how bad my situation is. That's not even mentioned all the shit I've taken from my lovely family all this years. No. Sorry. Let them cope with their situation. I just want out of it all. The only one I care about is my little brother and he's happily on his own.

Eze messages me. Today's meeting's been cancelled. Great. I told him I ain't coming on Saturday I want to record 1 hour of music because my friend's bands are playing and it's the last chance I'll have to see them in a while. He says "no" you got the first hour and I want you to do it. Christ almighty! I think I can reach an arrangement with Angelito to see if we can record it Thursday or Friday night. I don't want to be around on Saturday, I'm sorry. I'm not the sentimental type and the last broadcast thing with the FA staff's gonna get sentimental and really gay ;)

This girl messages me and we talk. We've known each other by reputation only and she says she wants to meet me. I tell her "Ok. Great. Go to the station meeting and you'll get to see the station and the guys who run the show." Well with the station meeting cancelled, there won't be much to do right? So after much ado, I ask her to drop by the Borders near my house for a cup of coffee and some conversation.

Meanwhile my buddy Luisma comes over for some conversation about music and movies which is always nice. I go with him for some quick shopping and drops me at my house. I come in, have dinner, trim my haircut, cut the mustache and the goatee. I'm on schedule. Half an hour before our meet. Burned 2 CD's of my music. One for Luisma, the other for the woman I'm meeting.

Call her. She's still at her job. I ask her if she wants to cancel. Says "no no no". Asks me to call her around 20 till 8 to confirm. It's ok for me. Surf a bit. Call her. She's at her house. Tells me she'll get out of the house in 10 mins. I take 20 minutes and make my way to Borders.

40 minutes later, I'm in Borders, very fucking pissed. Sitting in a chair, reading their in-house magazine. I wonder what the hell happened. I call her on my cellphone, and on the third try, the fucking thing ate my minutes. I have to call 611 have them refund the minutes. Fuck it, at this stage I'm heading home. Called her for the last time I'm walking down my street heading towards my house and she tells me she just arrived.

Sorry I start to tell her but I'm going home. I tell her in a very controlled tone that it's bad enough as it is that I had a shitty day and then a long wait. Not this time. She apologizes. The phone goes offline. I'm this short of throwing the phone, kick and curse like nobody's business. Fuck it. I'm heading home. Call her from home. Tell her I didn't mean to hang up on her my phone died. She understands that I'm pretty fucking pissed at this point and apologizes. She had a rough day at work and at this online publication she runs with a bunch of her pals. She asks me when can she make it up for me. I ask her for suggestions. She wants me to tag along with her friends on Friday night. No. Not my style. I don't like going into situations where I'm in a room full of strangers. (I know I'm in a band but it's a whole different game there) Besides I might need Friday to record my last show. She can't do it tomorrow, so she settles for Thursday. Thursday it is. I'll ask her to go to the movies. She'll be paying. Let's see if I can get away with that.

Right now I'm upset at this whole day but if I can get away with this girl paying *me* to go to the movies with her, I'll be happy.

So..... How was your day?
  • Stumble This
  • Fav This With Technorati
  • Add To Del.icio.us
  • Digg This
  • Add To Facebook
  • Add To Yahoo

0 observations: