So how was your day?


Mine went downhill about 2pm / 1400 hrs. I IM'ed my friend Noel to confirm today's gig. He's upset, pissed off, says he won't do the gig and he's not doing his events anymore. He's through. I understand. He fells burnt out. I let it go and try to confirm with the bar's owner. Leave three messages. No response. Carlitos calls confirms the gig is a go. That soothes me and the band for now. Still....


I called S. and tell her about the show. Quickly says she's not around (she lives close by the bar) but wishes me luck for the gig. Tries to end the call quickly in a hurry. I said bye. So much for the need to schedule the little talk. I don't know, but it seems this one's pretty much over, isnt it? Still... my buddy Angel tells me S and I should talk anyway. So let's just see.


So end of phonecall. This is the part of the movie when my heart feels empty and very heavy. I take deep breaths. I hit the shower. In the shower I cool off. Showers are good. But there's still this nagging feeling of dread. I can only sense where this is going. My day, such as it is.


Get dressed then call my friend C. to check on her. Her mom's back from Stateside and we talk a bit. C stands for cool calm collected, which she is. I'm in the middle of talking to her when my guitar player, Carlitos calls.


No power at the bar. No gig. Bernice (our singer) calls too. I tell her "I know already." More heaviness. Should we go? I say yes, we've got to go check it out and apologize to the people who actually bothered to go. We do. Bernice and I drive over there. We talk about stuff and then Bernice tells me her feelings about music and hers are similar to mine. We talk a little more and I end up realizing how similar we are in outlook.I end up telling her "You reaize we're so alike that it's scary?" She laughs and we end up joking that we feel miserable but at least we've got each other. Really!


We arrive. There are people outside. Carlitos and Jorge are there too. We show up and hang around for awhile, apologizing to the people who came to see us. Eventually the heat drives us to Candela Bar where there's AC and a female DJ spinning disco and hip hop. Bernice is dancing while Carlitos challenges me to breakdancing. Jorge is gone. Very pissed off. Angel is there too so we talk about the phone conversation and everything else. Bernice asks me if I want to go dancing with her to the club, I say no. I'm not in the mood and I don't want to inflict my mood to the rest of the band or the rest of humanity so I head back home.


Finally met David J and it was good meeting him. Lots of ideas and potential to do some great things in the name of art. He's going to NYC tomorrow and will be back in two weeks. Plenty of time to see if we can work his proposal out for an arts space.


I chat with my friend R for a bit and she's a good listener and a really cool person to have. I can't wait for her to come back here so we can see each other. She's that good.


Aside from that, I got some tests to do tomorrow, papers to pick up, maybe a grant to get a certification and right know I'm blogging to my heart's content.


Show with Golpe Justo on Friday so that means I'll be able to vent all this shit away screaming along with my favorite Puerto Rican hardcore band. Wheee!


So again, how was your day?

  • Stumble This
  • Fav This With Technorati
  • Add To Del.icio.us
  • Digg This
  • Add To Facebook
  • Add To Yahoo

0 observations: