This ain't rock n'roll no...... this is genocide!!!!! - Bowie

Ok so......

Wrote the interviews until 6 am only to wake up in a daze at 11 am to get some stuff going. I find a suitable replacement to host http://www.rojoynegro.org and possibly a new home for the blog. So I start to update/download/transfer the pages. I call my friend Pepe a bit after 1 pm. He's set. I have to wait to sort out my paycheck. by almost 5 o clock we hit the workplace for my check. I'm happy. Better than expected. Will help me sort out some financial shit. It hits me on the way to get the check and after one of our deep conversations.

Bank's closed. Wait til tomorrow at the earliest. I have some cash on but with both of us meeting friends at 7, I think the funds will not be enough to get me through the weekend.

I realize there is a God and (s)he has a sick sense of humor. Sorry Kevin Smith, but God ain't Alanis Morrissette. Pepe and I figured out that God is Rick Flair, George Carlin and Lemmy. Yeah, that's the Holy Trinity. Not some Canadian hippy chick on acid. Gotta give God his/her props.

We hit the University and coordinate tomorrow's show. It'll be the shiznit. Wax Trax! Records. All the fucking three hours, for your pleasures. Get your recorders ready. I shave quickly and head for the meet. It's cool to hit the bookstore near my house. Cool selection and I check out The Dove's CD and check out the latest install of Magnet Magazine. A history of shoegazing. Mmmmm. That and an open mike poetry reading. The reading's will be a monthly affair and I'll probably muster some stuff for next month. It'll be my first.

On the way out of the University I make a mental note to speak with Mayra Santos-Febles. She's a great writer and I need to get in touch with her. I need a good mentor if I'm gonna write the novel I want to write.

Back to the bookstore and there's where God gets the punchline.

Mari shows up. Lin got sick and can't come.The moment I've been waiting for this week never happens. Mari tells me that Lin still wants to meet me for Monday. My stomach's churning for food and dissappointed is the word that comes to mind. Oh well. Not her fault, really. Be cool. Shit happens. That's a curveball, that's all. I tell Mari to let Lin know that it's cool and I hope that she gets better. The three of us go to the nearest restaurant for food.

On the drive there, Pepe tries to reassure me and attempts to get me out of the funk. I slowly let go of it. It's beyond him and I just have to slowly let it go. It's not anyone's fault here. Don't be a prick. Monday. Monday, son. Then it hits me with the subtlety of a well placed kick in the groin: "God Mocks Me." - Dante. "The best well laid plans...." and all that. Can't help but laugh.

The food takes the bad mood off me. I get to eat with friends, I'm happy. The second we get of our cars and sit in the restaurant, the conversation flows and the three of us enjoy it. Let it go, and talk about a lot of stuff. Mari and Pepe's sense of humor and wit are amazing. It was a fun evening, really. We laugh share jokes and have a blast. Meanwhile I think and ponder. Things are not so bad. You're having fun with friends. You got some money. What more do you want you ungrateful little man? I go home and finish Neverwhere. Gaiman rocks. Definetely. I have to do three reviews for Monday and I have to look for this course. I might suggest it to Pepe. This should be good.

Get paid. Pay off your stuff. Monday my son. Monday. I hope you get better son Lin. Mari, Pepe: thank you. Let's do it often.



  • Stumble This
  • Fav This With Technorati
  • Add To Del.icio.us
  • Digg This
  • Add To Facebook
  • Add To Yahoo

0 observations: